Quality and Environmental Policy
SAMUR-Civil Protection Quality and Environmental Policy
SAMUR-Civil Protection, aware of its commitment to the users, and other stakeholders, as well as the environmental impact of activities of the emergency services can cause, has decided to develop and maintain in the organization a Quality and Environmental Management System based on the models specified by the ISO 22320, UNE-EN ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and the European Community Environmental Management and Audit System (EMAS).
To define and specify the assumption of this commitment, the Deputy Directorate t of SAMUR- Civil Protection established a Quality and Environmental Policy, which is reflected in the following points:
- Ensure that the services provided by SAMUR- Civil Protection meet the needs and expectations of users and other stakeholders, and meet the guidelines established by the City Council of Madrid, legal and health regulations, and legal and regulatory requirements and other of environmental requirements to which the organization subscribes, related to environmental aspects that are applicable to our health care services and activities and associated facilities.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality and Environmental Management System as a means of increasing the quality of services SAMUR-Civil Protection and prevent pollution.
- Doing things effectively and adopt error prevention as usual work process.
- Keep up with the latest technological advances and ensure the use of the best equipment for the performance of our services and environmental improvements.
- Establish goals and objectives of environmental quality, which comply with this policy, including a timetable, responsibilities and human and material resources needed to achieve them, making their regular monitoring and periodical review for their achievement and effectiveness.
- Train staff in our organization and those who work on our behalf, involving and encouraging everyone to contribute to the full satisfaction of the needs expressed by users and minimizing the environmental aspects of an activity, integrating our work model, to ensure their control methods, thereby minimizing the environmental impact of our activities and ensuring effective implementation of the Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Manage the resources ensuring that the necessary means to carry out our services and facilities used, are the best for their intended purpose and receiving the necessary maintenance to ensure proper operability.
- Encourage the providers of goods and services to implement activity models consistent with our Quality and Environmental Policy.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of the integrated management system, to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness, and to establish continuous improvement programs for implementation, development and management.
- Ensure a free access and public dissemination of this Quality and Environmental Policy that, from the environmental point of view, respond to society's legitimate interest in knowing the environmental costs and its quality of life requires.
The Quality and Environmental Policy is reviewed periodically to keep it appropriate to the purpose of the organization and is communicated to all persons working for the organization or on its behalf.
The Quality and Environmental Management System Handbook of SAMUR-Civil Protection is the document that sets the framework for action on environmental quality and established philosophy and guidelines within which the system will develop procedures.
Every member of SAMUR-Civil Protection agrees to comply with the requirements established by the system in relation to the performance of their respective functions.
The Deputy Director of SAMUR- Civil Protection delegate the sufficient and necessary authority to the Responsible of Quality and Environmental Management, for the promotion, development, implementation and folow up of the Quality and Environmental System, involving staff, as necessary.