Gender violence within the couple or former couple
You can access the network of comprehensive assistance to victims of gender violence without the need to file a complaint
Telephone: 900 222 100
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Violence towards women by their couples or former couples, whose ultimate cause is the inequality between men and women existing in our societies, is one of the main challenges we must face as a municipality committed to equality, both in terms of prevention as well as assistance.
This violence infringeshuman rights, therefore it is necessary to set up mechanisms for the assistance of the victims as well as actions which enable its eradication.
Here you will find useful information about the network of municipal resources of prevention and assistance. Get informed and help in its spread. With the involvement of all of us, we will manage to end up with male violence.
BEFORE MALE VIOLENCE, THE CITY COUNCIL RESPONDS THROUGH:
A SPECIALIZED NETWORK OF SERVICES OF COMPREHENSIVE ASSISTANCE TO VICTIMS OF GENDER VIOLENCE WITHIN THE COUPLE OR FORMER COUPLE:
The City Council of Madrid provides a network of specialized services offering free of charge legal, psychological and social support to women victims of violence within the couple or former couple, to their sons and daughters, as well as emergency shelter to give response to needs of immediate protection.
You can access those services without the need to file a complaint or have judicial measures of protection, even if you have not taken the decision of breaking up with your couple.
- Contact through the S.A.V.G. 24 HOURS, Service of Assistance to Women Victim of Gender Violence. Free of charge telephone: 900 222 100 (indicating you would like to speak with the technical equipment of this service, without having to provide any identification data, if you wish). Email address: email@example.com
You can also reach those services through the Municipal Points of the Regional Observatory against Gender Violence:
- Municipal Point I. Telephone: 914 061 658. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assists the districts of Barajas, Centro, Ciudad Lineal, Chamartín, Chamberí, Fuencarral-El Pardo, Hortaleza, Moncloa-Aravaca and Tetuán.
- Municipal Point II. Telephone: 914 722 001. Email address: email@example.com
Assists the districts of Carabanchel, Latina, Usera and Villaverde.
- Municipal Point III. Telephone: 911 987 962. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assists the districts of Arganzuela, Moratalaz, Puente de Vallecas, Retiro, Salamanca, San Blas-Canillejas, Vicálvaro and Villa de Vallecas.
When you require protection or emergency attendance, contact 112 EMERGENCIES or 900 222 100, which will get you in touch with the following municipal services:
- S.A.V.G. 24 HOURS. Emergency assistance 24 hours, 365 days a year. Support in the process of violence identification and decision making. In the case of requiring immediate protection, protected shelter in emergency centres. Access the rest of the specialized services.
- U.A.P.M. Unit of Attention and Protection to Women, Minors and Elderly People (Municipal Police).